JOB OFFER : R&D Project Lead Ophthalmology
For the R&D department Ophthalmology, KiOmed Pharma is looking for an R&D Project Lead whose role will be to identify, screen and develop innovative biomaterial technologies/therapeutic products, in close collaboration with the Head of R&D in Ophthalmology.
- As Project Lead in the R&D department, you will contribute to the innovation in biomaterial technologies and solutions, in relation to ophthalmic diseases.
- You will manage R&D activities as part of feasibility studies, proof-of-concept studies, and development projects in relation to indications in ophthalmology.
- You will manage internal and external resources according to project plans.
- You will contribute to establishing project plans and budget
- You will write technical and scientific reports and contribute to building the technical documentation on our technologies and products.
- You will monitor the scientific and patent literature in the field; you will help in protecting the intellectual property related to your results.
- You will bring scientific/technical support to other departments such as regulatory, business development, marketing/communication, production, and quality.
- Scientific education (Master, Engineer, PhD) in chemistry, material, biomedical or pharmaceutical sciences, with a professional experience in the engineering of biomaterials for medical/pharmaceutical applications.
- Previous experience and knowledge in project management and project development tools.
- Scientific background or previous experience in (bio)polymers, polymeric biomaterials, drug delivery systems, nano/microparticles is a plus.
- Previous experience in developing technologies or products for ophthalmic applications is also a plus.
- Motivation and ability to work in a team, in the dynamic, fast-moving environment of a growing company.
- Taste for the design of experimental plans and critical analysis of scientific results; excellent communication and reporting skills; rigorous, good sense of organization.
- Excellent communication and reporting skills, French and English both written and oral.
- Computer & data management skills (Microsoft Office suite, statistics tools, …).
A great opportunity to participate in the growth of a young and dynamic company in an innovative and fast-moving field, at the service of patients.
Hiring with a permanent contract and attractive package.
Please send your full application (CV and motivation letter) to Agnes.Cantoro@kiomedpharma.com
About KiOmed Pharma
Capitalizing on a history of innovation and expertise in exclusive natural chitosan chemistry, KiOmed Pharma, a spinout from KitoZyme, develops a unique pipeline of medical devices that address unmet medical needs in high impact pathologies and major social burdens such as invalidating osteoarthritis, aesthetic medicine and ophthalmology.
Located in Belgium, Liège and composed of a fast-growing team, KiOmed Pharma has recently launched on the market its first class III CE marked medical device, KioMedineVSOne® indicated in the treatment of symptomatic patients suffering from knee osteoarthritis. A R&D pre-market pipeline of medical devices is currently under development, more specifically in dermo-aesthetic and ophthalmic diseases.
KiOmed Pharma has the ambition and the resources to grow to a worldwide class and aim at succeeding in the commercial launches and growth in its markets.